Saturday, May 7, 2011

Wikipedia or Britannica???

I researched the Greensboro Sit-in on both Wikipedia and Britannica while both sites were similar and educational.  I think I would choose the Wikipedia website. Mainly because it was easier to read and I think the layout was a lot better. For example: Wikipedia highlighted the background information about the Greensboro Sit-in, The actions that took place at the Woolworth Lunch Counter and the actual impact of this movement.  
Information researched on Britannica was informative as well however, Britannica Encyclopedia tends to refer or send you to different books or parts they may or may not be related to the subject. It just takes a little longer to find your facts on Britannica then Wikipedia so again if I had to choose Wikipedia would be my choice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment